Now that we’re done stuffing our faces with great food and filling our shopping bags with great deals, it’s time to give back!
There’s still time left. So in case any of you are deciding where/who to donate to and need some ideas, here are some of the ones I’ve donated to today:
- Your alma mater is a good choice, especially if you were the recipient of scholarships and other aid funded by donations when you were a student. #payitforward!
- Charity: Water as it’s one of my go-to organization as I’ve written about in the past.
- People Assisting the Homeless (PATH) is an organization that as it’s name spells out, assists the homeless, particularly in finding permanent housing and other services such as employment, healthcare, counseling, etc. Everyone deserves to have a home to call their own.
- Your local food bank or soup kitchen would appreciate any help, monetary or otherwise
- Your workplace might be participating in giveback projects so check with your office managers. Currently, my office is doing a canned food drive. We’re also doing a Christmas Toy Drive project in which participants choose a child’s wishlist ‘card’ and buy and wrap the items on the list.
Hope you were able to get some inspiration from these.
Please let me know in the comments, your charities of choice to help.
Also in the spirit of #GivingTuesday and this holiday season, I will be doing a series of giveaways on the blog. The items will be pretty random and a vary of things I have that I think you guys may use and enjoy.
So be on the lookout for the first giveaway in a few days!
Enjoy the mew life,
Note: I am in no way affiliated with any of these organizations. They are just causes I truly believe in and support. The opinions expressed on my blog are 100% my own.