As you all know and have probably been looking forward to, Christmas is coming soon! Maybe some of you got into the holiday spirit real early and are already done with your shopping. For those of you who haven’t yet, here’s a short guide that will hopefully provide you with some ideas. A few items are pricey but for the most part the items are $20 and under.
Also, this is really a wishlist of things I would love to receive (hint hint to any generous souls out there, also a reminder to people in-the-know that my bday is also next month ;)) but nevertheless I think they’re great ideas in general 🙂
For the “foodie”:
- a set of clear glass mason drinking jars or canning jars
- A box of The Complete Cookies (lemon poppy seed please!). Vegan, kosher, non-GMO, and all that jazz. They have 12 flavors (I have tried chocolate chip, double chocolate, oatmeal raisin, and lemon poppy seed). Their lemon poppy seed is the best on the market! I seriously cannot get enough of them.They are probably my favorite cookies at the moment along with Tate’s Chocolate Chip cookies (which would also make a great gift/stocking stuffer).
- This multipurpose rolling pin with a flour shaker and ruler will come in really handy for those who want to get their holiday baking on.
- This tea drop sampler set is so cute. You get samples of 5 different flavors of tea drops so they just dissolve in hot water; no need to worry about infusers or tea bags. And the wooden box is a great keepsake for your other tea storage.
- Crazy for caramel? Who isn’t? This sampler set of 6 will give you a varied taste from spicy to fruity to even flowery. Have fun experimenting with all the different flavors on its own and in baked goods.
- This cheese board is one of the pricier items on this list, but I love the ampersand design and it’s a good investment for someone who holds a lot of dinner parties and such. Or for a lower price, you can go with this State Slate Board that you can mark with chalk.
- I bring my own lunch almost every day. Though I do not make sandwiches nor wraps a lot, when I do, I hate using plastic wrap so this cute reusable beeswax sandwich wrap is a great alternative.
- A giftcard to someone’s favorite restaurant is always a great choice or treat them to lunch or dinner at a place they’ve been wanting to try out.
For someone whose room needs some jazzing up:
- This cute gold arrow hook is great for hanging your jewelry and other accessories.
- This 3D puzzle vase can be a great little project to put together yourself and then use as a functional vase.
- Posters are always good to have to showcase some of your favorite paintings, shows, movies, or general interest. All posters have a variety of posters in many different categories. My favorites include: Vincent Van Gogh’s Starry Night, Leonid Afremov’s Melody of the Night, Ballerina Watercolor, Giraffe – Head in the Clouds, NY Skyline Watercolor
- If you go for a poster, a frame would also be a nice addition. Putting posters in frames just make them look more prominent in ways and preserve them better.
- These recycled glass tree globes are beautiful, unique pieces that will definitely get guests talking.
- Or if your recipient is into real plant life, you can get them hanging Terrariums with their favorite plant.
For the theater junkie:
- Off/On-Broadway tickets especially if you’re going for the holiday season. These fantastic shows are going to be over soon, catch them before they do: The Color Purple (ending Jan 8th), Something Rotten (ending Jan 1st. with Adam Pascal as Shakespeare! I would consider getting tickets to watch this again just to see him!), Matilda (ending Jan 1st), or pre-order for upcoming productions like Charlie and the Chocolate Factory & relive your childhood!
- If you can’t get someone the show they want or if you don’t know what show they want to see, you can get them TKTS gift certificates so they can purchase their own discounted tickets.
- Theater subscriptions are great also in allowing your recipient their own choice of shows to watch. Some of my favorite theaters with great productions include: Manhattan Theatre Club, Signature Theater, Roundabout Theatre.
- Cast soundtracks are always a good choice. I really enjoyed the Waitress album and you can’t go wrong with an old standby like Wicked. And if you haven’t gotten a chance at Hamilton yet, you could still prepare yourself with the soundtrack.
- A ticket stub diary is a great scrapbook of sorts for all the shows you watched and enjoyed.
- In the same vein, a Playbill binder would come in handy too.
For the workout junkie:
- A FitBit would be handy
- This Workout Bottle that can hold your phone, card, port for headphone, etc is a great multi-use item to bring with to the gym.
- This collapsible bottle is also a space saver.
- Some weighted hula hoops can provide a fun little workout at home
- A foldable lightweight duffle bag is great if you need to bring a change of clothes or other equipment
- If you’re good at cooking and/or baking, offer to teach your family or friends how to make a certain dish. They can get a great cooking lesson and meal out of it. You can even take it a step further and put together the ingredients and a printout of the recipe so they can recreate the experience and meal at home.
- If you’re not good at cooking, you can get them recreational cooking lessons from a professional. Find classes here and here.
- Other classes you can give: rock climbing, wine tasting, aerial trapeze, painting, etc.
- Get tickets to a concert or musical artist you know someone’s been dying to see.
- Arrange a movie night for someone; bring over a DVD (a copy they can keep afterwards) of their favorite movie or show, make some delicious movie snacks and enjoy.
- Homemade treats are always appreciated. I’ll have an upcoming post of easy homemade treats and DIY ideas for gifts.
I know it can be a cliche to say “it’s the thought that counts” but I do think that whatever you get for your loved ones, whether it’s something simple or extravagant, it should be something that you put thought into and know the person will enjoy and love.
Happy shopping guys!
Now for the giveaway:
As I said in my last post, I’ll be doing a series of giveaways this month.
The first giveaway is…
and a box of your flavor of choice This Bar.
All you have to do to enter this giveaway is leave a comment below on an item you have on your wishlist for this holiday season. I’ll have a random winner generated on Dec 11, 2016. This is open to U.S. residents only.
Enjoy the mew life,
Note: I am in no way affiliated with any of the companies or products listed in this blog post. The opinions expressed on my blog are 100% my own.