Homemade Dulce de Leche… so easy to make and a decadent touch to any dessert. It’s almost sinful.
The most simple “recipe” ever:
- Can of sweetened condense milk
- Peel the label off the can of condensed milk
- Place the can in a pot fill with water. The water should cover over the top of the can by an inch or so.
- Bring the water to a boil and then turn the heat low and let it simmer for 3 hours.
- Check on it from time to time to make sure the water is always above the can. If the can is not fully submerged, it can overheat leading to tears or it might even explode. Also be careful of using tab lids; apparently, they can explode/pop off during the process.
Tip: The longer you simmer the can in the water, the darker the color and deeper the flavor gets. It also gets thicker with more time in its water bath.
That’s it, ladies and gents!
Amazingly simple right?
And you can use it on anything you want.
You already know from my previous post that I love eating the Bea Arthur cone from Big Gay Ice Cream. So I love using the combo of dulce de leche and crushed nilla wafers in a lot of my homemade/put-together desserts.
These treats would make even Bea Arthur herself crack a smile 🙂
How can you resist making a jar of this for yourself when it’s this simple?!
So get yourself a can of condensed milk and make this today.
Enjoy the mew life,